Cowrie Shells circulated as a medium of exchange in Asia, Africa, Oceania and North America. The cowrie shell, in particular, was the form of currency in West Africa during the transatlantic slave trade. Bangles are special to me because my grandma who was born and raised in Jamaica wore bangles all the time. My fondest memories are of her cooking plantains and rice and peas and hearing her bangles jingle as she stirred the pot. I hope this bangle will bring back memories of loved ones and the Caribbean 🌴.
- Engraved Cowrie Shell Bangle 🐚
- Adjustable to Fit any Wrist
- Composition: Brass with 14K Gold Plating, Brass or Sterling Silver
- Solid Bangle 1/8" wide measures 7" closed with 3/4" opening.
- Designed in New York 🍎 and Made in India 🇮🇳